On Monday, January 8th between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, MSNBC's new small business show "YOUR BUSINESS" will be in the Lower Manhattan Business Solutions Center located at 79 John Street between William and Gold Street, New York, NY 10038. Click here http://www.nyc.gov/html/sbs/nycbiz/html/about/locations.shtml for directions.
Here is what we are looking for:
General business questions to be asked on camera from small business owners which will be answered by the "YOUR BUSINESS" panel of experts during the program. This will be a great opportunity for national exposure of your small business. Questions should be well thought out and approximately 20 seconds in length.
Here are some examples of the type of questions:
• What should I look out for when negotiating a lease?
• Is there a way to keep former employees from competing against my business?
• How do I figure out what my salary should be?
Suggested subject areas for questions:
- Human Resources (questions around communicating with, managing, retaining, motivating, hiring, compensating employees)
- Personal (questions around creating balance, working with family members or friends, dealing with stress, etc.)
- Marketing (questions around creating a message, budgeting, tracking the success of marketing, etc.)
- Financing (questions around finding funding, equity & debt, etc.)
- Other Topics (technology, managing growth, legal issues, insurance, etc.)
If you are interested in participating on Monday, January 8, 2007, please send RSVP to: email@example.com and make sure you say "RSVP" in the subject line of your email so we can schedule a time for you to arrive on Monday. Please do not reply to this email, you must send your RSVP request directly to MSNBC.
The "YOUR BUSINESS" website is: www.yourbusiness.msnbc.com