New York City, NY - Formed in 1991, The Visegrad Group (V4) is an alliance The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Poland. With its presidency in 2020-21, Poland intends to strengthen V4 by stepping up and building further alliances, both locally and globally. As a home to numerous ethnicities, The Big Apple serves as an ideal location for the initiative of Consuls General of the V4 Group in New York.
Consulate General of the Republic of Poland is hosting a meeting of Consuls General of the Visegrad Group in New York and NYC’s Commissioner of International Affairs on Thursday, October 1st at 11 AM.
All members of the EU and of the NATO, The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Poland advance their co-operation in military, cultural, economic and energy areas and further their integration in the European Union. In the wake of the ever-changing world,
- V4 stands for inspired innovation,
- V4 represents the most vibrant and the fastest-growing part of the EU,
- V4 is a well-connected region with modern and efficient infrastructure powered by open and innovative minds of its 64 million citizens,
- V4 is ready to play a significant role in the global supply chains, including collaboration with American companies,
- V4 supports the prosperity and European integration of its neighborhood, most notably the countries of the Eastern Partnership (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia) as well as the Western Balkans (Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Northern-Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania),
- V4 promotes the idea of solidarity and therefore provides an extraordinary financial aid (V4 East Solidarity) to the Eastern Partnership countries to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- V4 countries form one robust market, speak with an unequivocal voice and can play a vital role in the post-Covid-19 world,
- V4 share some complex and trying moments in history – in the past, all championed in their fight for freedom, all know the value of democracy and solidarity.
The idea of the meeting is to promote the cooperation and our cross-border relations which have been affected by Covid-19. Also, we wish to put stress on the importance of promoting the V4 countries in the United States, as one of the key platforms of cooperation within the European Union – Consul General of Poland Adrian Kubicki said.
Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in New York
233 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Tel: 646-237-2100, Fax: 646-237-2116
Telefon alarmowy: 917-520-0032