If Chopin Met Paderewski… - American Premiere of I. J. Paderewski’s Suite in G
February 24, 2020
A Gala Fundraiser benefiting the Chicago Chopin Society
The Chicago Chopin Society has established a vibrant tradition of partnership with American Music Festivals, presenting performances by the Lincolnwood Chamber Orchestra in a variety of venues throughout Chicagoland. They share a mission of promoting cultural exchange and working together have focused on exploring Polish classical repertoire and folk traditions. Their concerts feature Polish American performers, with a commitment to new music with a respect for artistic heritage.
Many of their unique programs are given to commemorate important historical events, reaching new audiences from diverse backgrounds to learn about Polish culture. The organizations co-presented the 2017-18 International Cultural Exchange Festival in Chicago, a four-concert series showcasing the beauty and influence of Polish music. In September of 2018 they joined with Save St. Adalbert Church for a fundraising concert at the Church, celebrating Poland’s 100th Anniversary of Independence. They have also performed together on concerts at the Taste of Polonia Festival (Poland’s Great Composers, Kosciuszko Memorial, and Old Traditions - New Frontiers) and two Christmas Spectaculars at the Copernicus Center.
With “If Chopin met Paderewski…” the Chicago Chopin Society and American Music Festivals continue to show artistic leadership in the community, proudly presenting the United States premiere of Paderewski’s Suite in G for Strings.
- Ignacy Jan Paderewski Legenda No. 1 (Legend No. 1) in A flat major, Miscellanea, Op.16, No.1 (ca. 1886-88)
- Fryderyk Chopin Polonaise in A major, Op. 40, No. 1 (1838)
- Fryderyk Chopin Leci liscie z drzewa (Leaves Falling from the Tree), Op.74, No. 17 (1836)
- Ignacy Jan Paderewski Hej Orle Biały (Hey, White Eagle) (1918)
- Fryderyk Chopin Mazurkas for Voice and Piano, arr. Pauline Viardot
- Ignacy Jan Paderewski Mazurka, Op. 9, No. 2 (1836)
- Fryderyk Chopin Mazur (1838) from Prague Ossian library (in Vaclav Hanka’s diary, words by Ignacy Maciejowski arr. Jaroslaw. Golembiowski
- Fryderyk Chopin Wiosna (Spring) in G minor, Op. 74, No. 2 (1838)
Lincolnwood Chamber Orchestra
Philip Simmons, Founder and Music Director
- Mieczystaw Karłowicz Finale from Serenade for String Orchestra, op. 2
- Fryderyk Chopin Four Preludes from op, 28, arr. P. Simmons
- Ignacy Jan Paderewski Suite in G major for Strings (US premiere
- Ignacy Jan Paderewski March from Manru, arr. P. Simmons)
- Michał Ogiński Farewell to the Fatherland , arr. Ilya Levinson
Other news: POLONIA
Ogłoszenia Dodaj ogłoszenie
t-shirts sweatshirts hats and more ordering and selling only on the website https://www.sunfrog.com/Mgosia Różne
Single-layer mask with full print print. Put on the elastic band, it ada Różne
decorative masks I invite you to my store http://mgosia.cupsell.pl/ Oferty biznesowe
Sprzedam maski 3 warstwowe z certyfikatem maski trzy warstwowe z certyfikatem. 5000000szt cena 0,65$ z cetryfikate Usługi - Różne
Tłumaczenia dokumentów tekstów Forms Skutecznie i szybko tłumaczymy dokumenty - imigracyjne, prawne, zdrowot Nieruchomość - Polska
Sprzedam Dom na Podkarpaciu Sprzedam dom z dzialka, 60arow. Jaroslaw, Podkarpacie.