Acting Queens Borough President Sharon Lee, The Child Center for New York, the Council for Airport Opportunity, the New York State Police Department*, Queens Centers for Progress, the U.S. Census Bureau, WATCH GUARD 24/7 and Workforce1 have announced a second Virtual Queens Jobs Recruitment Fair on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:00 PM to connect Queens job seekers to employment opportunities in essential industries.
A live stream of the Jobs Recruitment Fair will be available on this web page. Prospective applicants interested in participating must RSVP at www.queensbp.org/rsvp by Tuesday, May 12 at 2:00 PM.
*Since the announcement of the Virtual Queens Jobs Recruitment Fair, the New York State Police Department announced it has suspended trooper recruitment due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The May 13th Virtual Queens Jobs Recruitment Fair program is as follows:
- Introductions: Presented by Borough President Lee
- Airport Opportunities: Presented by Verdia Noel, Director of Business Development at the Council for Airport Opportunity
- Hiring now: Approximately 150 positions across Kennedy and LaGuardia airports in retail, food service, security, transportation, storage and maintenance and more.
- Retail/Service Opportunities: Presented by Nancy Konipol, Senior Community Relations Manager, and Christine Nunez, Site Lead Account Manager, at Queens Workforce1 Career Center
- Hiring now: Approximately 50 positions in grocery retail, insurance, sales, marketing and transportation
- Healthcare Opportunities: Presented by Angela Regalado, Recruitment Account Manager at Workforce1
- Hiring now: Approximately 50 positions in nursing, respiratory therapy, social work, laboratory services and home health services.
- Industrial/Transportation Opportunities: Presented by Sarah Tapia, Community Partner Coordinator at Workforce1
- Hiring now: Approximately 40 positions in warehousing, delivery services, carpentry and electrical services.
- Child Development Opportunities: Presented by Shoshana Cheddie, Recruitment Coordinator at The Child Center of New York
- Hiring now: Approximately 130 positions in teaching, tutoring, psychiatry, peer advocacy and custodial services.
- Personal Support Opportunities: Presented by Michael Jenkins, Assistant Director of Human Resources at Queens Centers for Progress
- Hiring now: 14 positions in supportive services assisting adults with developmental disabilities.
- 2020 Census Opportunities: Presented by Jennifer Dublin, Assistant Regional Census Manager at the U.S. Census Bureau’s New York Regional Census Center
- Hiring now: Census takers, clerks, recruiting assistants and Census field supervisors.
- Security Opportunities: Presented by John Rafferty, CEO, and Frances Velazquez, Director of Human Resources & Corporate Compliance, at Watch Guard 24/7
- Hiring now: Approximately 12 security guard positions.
- Questions & Answers
Read other BUSINESS NEWS
Ogłoszenia Dodaj ogłoszenie
Najlepsza reklama firm w USA w polonijnych mediach w 2020! To sprawdzone! POLISH PAGES MEDIA NETWORK zapewnia teraz bardzo skutecz Praca - Dam
Zatrudnimy pielęgniarkę Praktyka lekarska poszukuje na part time do full time Nurse Practitioner Lokal - Wynajmę
FOR RENT 1 bedroom, Westchester NY FOR RENT: 1 bedroom with living room with 2 full bathroom na $1,750. Ard