United Poles FCU: Last-Minute Tax Tips
March 30, 2022 United Poles Federal Credit Union
It’s time to file your tax return! Before you do, though, read through our list of last-minute tax tips.
Consider filing electronically
The IRS e-file is available to all taxpayers, and many people can file electronically at no cost.
Re-check your Social Security numbers
Make sure every Social Security number on your return, including your own, your partner’s and each of your dependent’s, is correctly listed. Check that the SSNs related to claims for Child and Dependent Care Credit or Earned Income Tax Credit are accurate as well.
Don’t forget any deductions
Here are some of the deductions people often forget to take:
- The home office deduction.
- Out-of-pocket charitable contributions, such as the cost of meal prep for the help you do at a soup kitchen or gas used while driving to a charity drop off.
- Student loan interest you’ve paid, or that someone has paid on your behalf.
- Claim the full Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit. The American Rescue Plan increases the Child and Dependent Care Credit and makes it fully refundable. The changes to the Child and Dependent Care Credit that apply only for tax year 2021 include:
- The highest credit percentage increased to 50% of qualifying expenses.
- Qualifying child and dependent care expenses increased from $3,000 to $8,000 for one qualifying dependent, and from $6,000 to $16,000 for two or more qualifying individuals.
- The adjusted gross income (AGI) level at which the credit percentage starts being reduced increased to $125,000.
Double-check your figures
If you are filing a paper return, double-check that you have correctly calculated the refund or balance due.
Get your return in on time
If you won’t be ready to file your return by April 18, you’ll need to request an extension. It’s important to note, though, that an extension to file does not include an extension for payment.
Sign your form
Don’t forget to sign and date your form, and to also have your partner sign if you’re filing jointly. If you’ve hired someone to prepare your return, have the preparer sign the form and enter their Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN).
It’s tax time! Use the tips outlined here to maximize your refund and ensure there are no mistakes on your tax return.
Banks, Credit Unions
Perth Amboy, NJ
SPONSORED ARTICLEFor the most up-to-date information, please contact the company directly.
The photos contained in the article serve only as an illustration of the article.
Other news: LAW & FINANCE
Ogłoszenia Dodaj ogłoszenie
Job for a Dental Assistant I'm looking to hire a dental assistant four days a week, 34 hours, in a Praca - Dam
Praca dla Asystentki Dentystycznej Zatrudnię asystentkę dentystyczną na 4 dni w tygodniu, 34 godziny, w Auto - Sprzedam
2023 Ford Raptor 2023 Ford Raptor supercrew 3.5L Ecoboost High output Engine Black Exteri Auto - Sprzedam
Brand NEW 2023 F-250 Super Duty XLT Come check out our brand new 2023 F-250 Super Duty XLT Supercab 164'' WB Auto - Sprzedam
Brand New 2023 Ford Maverick XLT AWD Good news! Come check out our brand new 2023 Ford Maverick XLT AWD with Auto - Sprzedam
NEW 2023 Ford Bronco for Sale! Come check out our brand new 2023 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2.3 L Ecoboost, wi